Hera's Cysters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello... Is there anybody out there??
by Nix Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:51 am

» Meaningful Lyrics
by Joeyrella Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

» world book day
by Joeyrella Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:34 am

» Possible job change
by P C Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:48 am

» FAO Joeyrella - i need your help.....
by Chanie Thu 23 Jan 2014, 11:53 pm

» Childminder
by P C Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

» I'm back (again) sorry for not being around
by Cookie1979 Fri 10 Jan 2014, 2:42 am

» Happy 2014
by Cookie1979 Wed 08 Jan 2014, 1:03 am

» Homemade Christmas
by Chanie Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

» There's No Going Back...
by P C Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:01 am

» Christmas presents
by P C Fri 13 Dec 2013, 5:35 am

» Forum Colours
by Joeyrella Mon 02 Dec 2013, 7:14 am

» RIP Paul Walker
by Chanie Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:52 pm

» where do you shop for food and how much do you spend?
by jannette6 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 7:40 am

» Favourite Shops?
by P C Wed 27 Nov 2013, 6:08 am

» poundland has opened on my high street...
by P C Wed 27 Nov 2013, 6:04 am

» recommend christmas products
by Nix Sat 23 Nov 2013, 5:07 am

» Sorry I've been AWOL
by Joeyrella Wed 20 Nov 2013, 7:13 am

» Cheeky Sod
by Cookie1979 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:22 pm

» tv - what are you watching
by Chanie Mon 18 Nov 2013, 6:13 am

» POLL: Christmas Background
by Chanie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:43 am

» Bra Advice
by P C Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:51 am

» What are you supposed to be doing?
by Nix Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:45 pm

» Low Gi: Granola
by P C Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:43 am

» The perfect storm.....
by Nix Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:48 am

There's No Going Back...

+2
Harriann
Nix
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

There's No Going Back... Empty There's No Going Back...

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:34 am

Eeek! Work has commenced on the kitchen!!

My darling hubby has demolished the cabinet to get the dishwasher underneath and moved a cupboards around. This layout actually makes sense!

There's No Going Back... 2013-110

And if I wasn't sure about going ahead, I've got no choice now he's taken the hatch out and demolished the wall underneath it!!

There's No Going Back... 2013-111

In case you were wondering why half the floor tiles are missing, that's cos Sophie takes them up whenever she's in the kitchen.

Last edited by Nix on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Nix
Nix
Admin

http://www.wattpad.com/user/NikkiAdkin

Back to top Go down

There's No Going Back... Empty Re: There's No Going Back...

Post by Harriann Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:36 am

Good luck with the demo and rebuild x
Harriann
Harriann

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:39 am

Thanks. We might need it, Dom can go a little gung ho at all things diy
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wendy#1 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 3:48 am

lol yes he can but bless him he does not see the disaster lol
wendy#1
wendy#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:00 am

I've just heard the words "erm Nikki, we might have a small problem"

It's ok, there is a random pipe in the new hole and he's not sure what it is. Think we've found it's disconnected source though. Phew
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizB Tue 08 Oct 2013, 5:53 am

We are redoing our kitchen at the moment and its getting to the stage where we feel it will never get done lol!

Hope it gets sorted soon!
LizB
LizB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:14 am

Thanks Liz, we havent actually ordered the kitchen yet, but Dom is making a start in the building works. He's ordering the lintel and ceiling props tomorrow and we have the electric company coming Mon to change the meter and hopefully move it. I'll take a photo when we have access to it so I can show you how awful it's current layout is.

Are you having a refit or total overhaul like us? We'll be putting in an ikea kitchen with a light greyish brown for the lower cupboards and upper surrounds with glossy cream upper doors
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizB Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:27 am

Yay for ikea kitchens! We are having one too. We are having a complete overhaul maybe not to the extent you are by the sounds of it. We've not had a new kitchen since we moved in which was 14 years ago and it wasn't new then. A few years ago our kitchen sink leaked while we were on holiday and it was at a time when my mum and dad weren't talking. My mum used a company that had done a neighbours kitchen quite well. When it came to replace our sink, it was a cowboy job and cost £1000 and was a load of rubbish (insert your own expletive). So I've said I will help them pay for a new one. I was going to do it after xmas when I start my new promotion, but she wanted it doing now so we can be all settled again for christmas. We are going to end up having a new kitchen sink and oven built in. I'm also going to pay for them to have a new fridge and freezer and possibly a washing machine as well. We are going to have free standing units on the other side of the room, creating more of a galley style kitchen. We are painting it ( willow green) at the moment and hopefully ordering it within the next couple of weeks.
The kitchen is going to be beech and white with probably brushed steel handles. She's got a lot of details to decide on yet eek!
LizB
LizB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:16 am

If you order it soonish, there is an offer on where you get £100 gift card for every £1k spend, not including appliances. I'm getting my ovens (yes, that is plural) from appliances online though. We managed to get a cooker hood for £50 in the bargain basement section a few weeks ago, so it's worth looking in then before you order everything.

If you want them to fit it, there is 50% off installation too at the moment:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/

Prior to the other day, we had a fairly shocking kitchen that has been there for 25 odd years. I added a leftover cupboard when my mum had her kitchen refitted to give us a bit more storage. We also destroyed a cupboard to get the dishwasher next to the sink, as well as the other re-arrangements when Dom took the hatch out.

Just adding pics now
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizB Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:36 am

Thanks for that, I'm not sure we will end up spending over £3000 on our kitchen to qualify for the 50% off installation but the gift card will come in useful!
LizB
LizB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:38 am

I totally didn't notice the minimum spend, we aren't going to spend that either, but then Dom is going to fit ours to save the money
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Wed 09 Oct 2013, 3:31 am

Ok, I've been on Ikea's Kitchen Planner and pulled off the design we're having for our kitchen. It's a small kitchen, so no matter which direction you are standing, part of it obscures the rest, so I have done 2 views and removed the cabinets that cover the rest, but hopefully it gives a clear view. We only have one sink and window, and the fridge is opposite the ovens.

There's No Going Back... Kitche10

There's No Going Back... Kitche10

The little shelf next to the fridge is for the microwave, and the empty cupboard spaces are for the washing machine and tumble drier. Totally forgot to put the hob and extractor fan in, both are going next the oven
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P C Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:08 am

Looks really nice, I think the ikea kitchens look really sleek and modern. I would love a new kitchen but will need to wait a few years as planning on knocking down the utility room wall, the kitchen is small and claustraphobic because theres a small kitchen then the tiniest utility room ever instead of just a big airy kitchen so would like to open it all up and add breakfast bar and patio doors eventually

P C

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:10 am

That sounds really good. We've been planning ours for over a year, and only just started it.
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wendy#1 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 5:50 am

go dom go Smile
wendy#1
wendy#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Sat 12 Oct 2013, 7:45 am

It's ordered!!! Had to make some slight adjustments as the fan was bigger than I thought (we got it in the bargain basement as end of line, didn't think to look at the size) and the hob didn't fit in the cupboard I had put in. I caved and bought Ikea ovens too, a bit more expensive but come with a 5 yr warranty and pushed me over a threshold some got an extra £100 gift card. Hadn't realised appliances counted to wards the qualifying total.

Now it's tile shopping whilst Dom demolishes/rebuilds
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Thu 17 Oct 2013, 5:22 am

Just been to order some of my tiles. I thought they were mosaic tiles that I could cut down to create a border but when we went to order the original sales guy had been mistaken, so we had to re-think. These are going to be the splashback behind my hob:

There's No Going Back... 2013-112

Aside from other colour ranges, they have also have mostly gold with a little purple and fading from gold into purple so that you can graduate the colours if you want. We decided against this and went for mostly purple. We're going to be using gold glitter grout too!!!
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chanie Thu 17 Oct 2013, 6:31 am

That's a lovely tile.

Lee and I like really plain simple tiles so we live a beige world and are too scared to add any colour

Chanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Thu 17 Oct 2013, 7:05 am

The rest of the tiles will be a light cream, but I just wanted a splash of colour too. I fell in love the moment I saw it, but I thought Dom would hate it. He agreed to it without seeing it, but actually he really liked it when he saw it
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P C Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:25 am

This is really nice, love the colour.

Channie we are the same, im also too scared to wallpaper as once I get bored of it I hate it. We done the living room and dining and 3 years on still happy with my choice. We decided to do the bedroom up last Year, was all over the place looking for wall paper, finally bought some lovley paper after a 3 month search then decided just to paint the wall just incase. Now we have a bare wall as I cant even make a simple descion on a canvas, its going to be time to redecorate soon.

P C

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Sun 20 Oct 2013, 3:45 am

Don't be afraid to use some colour!! You don't have to use a lot, in my living room I have one wall of black paper with glitttery silver flowers over it and the rest are light grey. Admittedly not colour but only because Dom didn't like the purple and silver paper I wanted.

I'm so excited, Dom made a start on putting the new entrance in the kitchen last night and although it nearly killed me, I helped a bit with the mortar in the brickwork. He's got about 3 weeks to get the room ready before the new kitchen arrives.
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chanie Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:39 am

To be honest nik, Lee and I prefer clean, simple decoration.  I like the idea of adding colour with soft furnishings like cushions and bedding, as they can be changed.

We haven't decorated since we moved in 5 years ago and the rooms could do with repainting, so we will do that next year.

Chanie

Back to top Go down

Post by P C Sun 20 Oct 2013, 7:03 am

I like colour but get fed up fast. I have nice lime green wallpaper feature wall in living and dining room, theres an archway between them so looks good. My downstairs has enough colour its just we havent done anything upatairs as it was a quick going over the whole house in magnolia when we first moved in so now its time to get the place in shape. We started the bedroom 1.5 years ago and im just that undecisive its still not finished

P C

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:04 am

I didn't mean you Chanie, Pc had said in her post about it. I like the idea of neutral colours with soft furnishings having the colour, but it never quite happens lol. My world is chaos.

Our bedroom is teal and light blue. We had a chimney breast removed from it so redecorated then. It was just blue, but really strong colours which I hated. I wanted the change them and the layout since it had some awful memories of Doms dad. It was his room before he died, and Dom's brother found him collapsed in it after a stroke. He never regained consciousness so it was quite hard on Dom having to move into it as it was.
Nix
Nix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by P C Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:08 pm

Yeah think we are just going to wallpaper the bedroom as it just dosnt look right with the paint then hopefully get the rest of it furnished after christmas. Its the thought of unpeeling the wallpaper that puts me of but suposse it will be worth it to have a nice looking room

P C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next